- First-in-Man studies
- Phase 1 population: Solid tumours and haematological malignancy in adults
- Mechanisms studied: TKI inhibitors; Hsp90 inhibitors; Immunotherapy
PD/PK and biomarkers, imaging, gene therapy, immunotherapy, pharmacogenomics and pharmacogenetics in vitro collerates of response.
- Preclinical in vivo imaging services (Xenogen IVIS bioluminescence; SPECT/CT; optical imaging; PET pending)
- Molecular Pathology Services including Ventana Discovery automated IHC/ISH to GCLP
- Affymetrix expression profiling and SNP genotyping
- Early phase clinical trials unit
- Inpatient cancer services comprise 80 beds, with 35 beds for haematological oncology including 14 isolation beds for bone marrow transplantation staffed by 46 qualified nurses and 8 healthcare support workers (HCSW)
- 45 beds for medical oncology and clinics including 16 single rooms (three of which are radiation-protected), staffed by 28 nurses and 9 HCSW; staffed by 26 nurses and 9.2 HCSW.
- A 15 bedded hostel on site has recently opened to allow patients to be treated in an outpatient setting.
- Outpatient treatment is delivered in two dedicated day wards open 08:00 to 20:00
- Cytotoxic reconstitution pharmacy suite with three Chemical Dispensing Cabinets; the facility is licensed by the MHRA.
- Cancer Research UK Clinical Centre in Charterhouse Square
- Nuclear Medicine department
- Clinical Research Centre & Gene Therapy Unit
- The Stem Cell Laboratory (HTA accredited)
- Tissue resource centre
- Facs analysis
- Confocal Microscope
- Tissue Microarray
Other equipment/facilities not on site
Cancer Research UK, Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX - available through ongoing collaborations with investigators at Cancer Research UK London Research Institute.
Trial by disease type between 2012-2015: