Realistic Introduction to R
Date: Monday 26 November 2018
Time: 9.30am - 5pm
This one day workshop is directed to those who have a working knowledge of basic statistical concepts and want to transition to the R environment. Using realistic examples from day to day research practice, it will cover the entire process from receiving a dataset to producing an analysis output ready for write-up, covering the most common problems that may occur along the way. The course will consist of a mix of lectures and practicals, so participants will have the opportunity to practice acquired knowledge directly during the workshop.
At the end of the workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Read in datasets in various formats
- Clean and prepare variables for the analysis
- Explore and describe the data (producing table of descriptive statistics)
- Visualise the data (basic plots and graphs)
- Perform group differences tests (t-test; ANOVA)
- Perform tests of association (correlation coefficient, linear, logisitc and multinomial regression)
Student rate: £46
Early Bird - University and NHS Staff: £69
University and NHS Staff: £92
Please note there is a cancellation date of Monday 12 November 2018, after which you will be charaged if you cancel.
For futher information and registration details, please refer to the Edinburgh CRF Education Programme website.