The vision of the Newcastle ECMC is to develop new treatments for cancer patients where biomarkers are included early in the development pathway so that the right patients are treated with the right drugs and side effects are avoided in patients unlikely to respond. The Centre has PET and MRI imaging facilities and pharmacology and pharmacodynamic assessment laboratories.
Clinical Area Focus
- Early phase clinical trials
- Imaging biomarkers
- Translational studies to refine drug delivery and metabolism
- Improving integration between paediatric and adult early phase trial units with a focus on teenagers and young adults
Scientific Focus Area
- Urology target identification
- Novel MR and PET imaging
- Building solid tumour biobanking capability
- Pharmacodynamic markers of DNA damage and repair
Disease Focus Area
|Breast||Ovarian||Prostate||Relevant to all types of cancer|
For further information on the goals and objectives of Newcastle ECMC go to:
Newcastle ECMC principal investigators and staff have a range of skills and expertise.
Newcastle ECMC has access to a range of research facilities that are utilised in studies.