Edinburgh and Dundee
The new Edinburgh-Dundee ECMC will provide a world-leading pathway from clinic/theatre to bench and back again involving all stages of cancer research. The collaboration between Edinburgh and Dundee CR-UK Cancer Centres will strengthen current priority areas whilst making significant inroads into other disease areas by making the essential core expertise and facilities more widely available.
Clinical Focus Area
- Breast, Colorectal, Skin & Ovarian Cancers
- Neoadjuvant/peri-operative therapy
- Imaging (PET-CT, fMRI)
- Screening studies
Scientific Focus Area
- Intervention studies with paired tissue samples and imaging
- Systems Biology applied to Medicine
- Prevention (particularly colorectal cancer)
- High risk gene profiling
Disease Focus Area
|Pancreatic||Prostate||Skin||Relevant to all cancer types|
For further information on the goals and objectives of Edinburgh ECMC go to:
Edinburgh ECMC principal investigators and staff have a range of skills and expertise.
Edinburgh ECMC has access to a range of research facilities that are utilised in studies.