- Phase 1 population: ∼2 million over geographically large region
- First-in-Man studies
- Multi-centre Phase 1 studies
- Mechanisms studied: Taxanes, TKI inhibitors, CDK inhibitors, aurora kinase inhibitors, TRAIL receptor antibodies, novel cytotoxic agents, novel packaging of existing agents
- Centre specific translational research interest: DNA repair inhibitors, pre-clinical and early clinical development of small molecule inhibitors
- Magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopy (MRI/S)
- Positron emission tomography (PET) technology
- GCLP compliant pharmacology and pharmacodynamic assessment laboratories
- Dedicated cancer research scientific institute (Northern Institute for Cancer Research in the Paul O'Gorman Building)
- Dedicated academic clinical trials unit in custom-built cancer centre for performing early clinical work
Tissue Banking: in-house HTA-compliant tumour bank, Northern Gynaecological cancer network tumour bank, other national banks for specific projects when required.
Centre contact responsible for sample collection: Melanie Griffin (email: email@example.com)
ECMC funding provides infrastructure support for early phase and translational research. From the ECMC Newcastle portfolio, the following trials have been carried out.
Trial by disease type between 2012-2015: