- Phase 1 population: both solid and haematological tumours, adult
- Centre specific translational research interest: Our primary expertise to date has been in the development of early phase immunotherapeutics. We are now actively working on developing strategies to control anti-aptoptotic pathways and are developing novel small molecules for clinical testing.
- Multi-centre Phase 1 studies: with a particular interest in immunotherapeutic and anti-apoptotic pathways.
- First-in-Man studies
- HDAC inhibitors
- Diaphorase inhibitor
- Hsp 90 inhibitor
- Vinca alkaloid
- Broad range of novel immunotherapeutics (vaccines, antibodies, adjuvants)
- Full range of medical imaging: CT, MRI (funding for 3T machine under consideration), CT/PET, Gamma camera
- Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Facility: for the accommodation of patients in early phase studies, including apheresis equipment and sample processing facilities.
- Radiopharmacy: with full MHRA licence for manufacture of immunoconjugates.
- Cellular therapy GMP lab: with full MHRA licence for manufacture and storage.
- Tissue Banking Activity: in-house HTA licenced Tissue Bank for fresh-frozen tissue, single-cell suspension, whole blood, PBMC, serum and plasma.
Centre contact responsible for sample collection: Kathleen Potter, Ph.D. Telephone: 02381 205034
Other equipment/ facilities not available on site:
- Mass spectrometry
- Proteomic analysis (university site)
- NMR for structural protein analyses (university site)
ECMC funding provides infrastructure support for early phase and translational research. From the ECMC Southampton portfolio, the following trials have been carried out.
Trial by disease type between 2012-2015: